Saturday, December 28, 2013

Time for a Clean Slate...

New Year's is just around the corner and it is the perfect time to plan and map out new goals for the coming year. For me personally this is very important if I'm going to live as intentionally as I hope. A fresh start is a lot like a brand new journal, it is full of possibilities and promise and I find that so encouraging.

I've started brain storming some ideas regarding my goals and plans. I get very excited and enthusiastic this time of year although I must confess I'm not always successful with my resolutions.

Here are a few that I thought I'd share.... in no particular order or relevance.

* Read more books! I love to read and normally I am a voracious reader but since I became a parent I haven't indulged that as much. Now that I have a part time job at the Library it seems like a perfect time to get reacquainted with my love of reading.

*Purge, purge, purge, organize and declutter. Yikes, this is a HUGE goal for 2014. I'd like to purge down at least 40% of our material processions. I made a good start in 2013 but I feel like I was just warming up and now I need to get down to work.

*Complete the transition into Vegetarianism. In 2013 I stopped, buying, cooking and consuming meat at home but would still eat meat if we went to someone's house or out to eat. My goal isn't to go vegan but I would prefer if something didn't have to die just so I can eat.

*Blog more. Ahhh the best laid plans of mice and men...But I would like to get more focused on the content and such here. Perhaps make more of a splash in the Blog world....and entice some of you readers to comment more ;)

*Spend less time online or wasting time. I'm going to double my efforts to get up early and plan to stay off the internet during the day (or when Reggie is awake) I feel like I'm setting a terrible example.

* Mail Birthday Cards! I'm so bad about this and we have some really special women who are so faithful and diligent about this at Church. I plan to set time aside and do this every month. Handmade cards with handwritten messages. We're going old school folks!

*Evening Tea and Devotional time. I would really like to start the tradition of having tea and a devo each night before we put Reggie to bed. Complete with fancy tea cups and a nice pot. I'll talk more about this at a later date but my friend Melissa mentioned starting this with her girls and I found it so inspiring.

I have some really fun and ambitious goals for sewing and creating that I intend to share with soon.

0 comments :

Post a Comment